Saturday, May 22, 2010

Closing In

On one year home with Davis!

This time last year we were frantically packing and getting ready to go pick up our beautiful boy.

I didn't post many details of our trip last year. We didn't have much internet access when we were there, and we were pretty overwhelmed when we got home. There was a lot about our time in Ethiopia and having a new little one that I just needed to live in for a while before I could make some sense of it.

So here we go - one year later I'm going to try to go day-by-day through our journey. The Bullington Board leaves for Africa tomorrow! I'm starting to feel like I'm writing for Lost. Because here comes some real time stuff:

We went to the beach last weekend and had a wonderful time. Faith and Davis had a blast playing in the sand, and jumping in the surf. Well, Faith loved jumping in the surf. Davis liked pointing at the waves and grunting in an affronted kind of way, as in why-is-there-water-coming-into-my-beautiful-sandbox? He came around to sticking his toes in, but that was about all. In other news he learned to say "No" and shake his head at the same time so he could forcefully object every time I asked him if he wanted to go swimming.

Here's a few Faith funnies from the trip:

When David did a handstand in the pool Faith got very stern with him. "You can't do that here, Daddy, I saw signs with a man doing that with a line through it!" [no diving]

She told me one morning, "I had a bad dream last night!" When I asked her what happened she sadly shook her head and said "Mama, you don't even want to hear it." And she spoke no more.


My Boys

Could they be any sweeter?


Only on Vacation

No comments: